After watching AC360 I have come to the conclusion that people are idiots. Here's a list that I jotted down while watching the program. I'm sure you'll be able to add more.
My list of idiots:
1. Senator Richard Shelby (R Alabama) for leaving the meeting early to deliver a preplanned attack on the bailout to the press. Don't spin it idiot, just fix it.
2. Republican leader John Boehner for suggesting that instead of a bailout the companies with bad debt should buy insurance so they don't stick taxpayers with the tab. And how do they afford this insurance if they are broke and just who is dumb enough to insure them?
3. President Bush for crying wolf and lying to the American people so many times that now there is a real crisis the American people (including House Republicans) aren't taking him serious.
4. 55% of the American public for not realizing that we are in deep trouble and that the taxpayers are the only ones who can come to the rescue.
5. President Bush for thinking that sending Dick Cheney to Capital Hill would convince anyone to vote for the bailout.
6. John McCain for sticking his nose into the bailout negotiations and politicalizing it.
7. Sarah Palin (did you see her interview with Katie? Nuff said.)
8. House Republicans for not realizing that financial institutions are going to fold like a house of cards if they don't do something now. How can WaMu's (the largest savings and loan in the country) failure not open their eyes?
I won't bore you with more. For those of you thinking I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about.....you are probably right.
Believe it or not there were a few highlights in Thursday's AC360. First the look on Anderson Cooper's face after he aired the clip of the Palin interview. I don't think he understood a word she said
The Shot was Anderson's first look at Sharon Osbourne's fervent wish (and most of our reader's wish too).
And finally I really needed something to cheer me up tonight so I went to the vault and found one of AC's first meetings with the Osbournes. Guess Erica Hill didn't know that AC and Sharon go way back?
Have a great weekend everyone. ~Phebe
All Things Anderson is a blog dedicated to CNN's AC360 and its host Anderson Cooper.